The idea workshop purmundus challenge by cirp GmbH and Formnext are offering prize money of EUR 6000 for purmundus challenge 2019. The winner receives a prize of EUR 3,000, the runner-up prize money of EUR 2,000 and third place prize money of EUR 1,000.
In addition, the first three winners will get access for the Altair Inspire Studio.
The first three winners also receives the “purmundus challenge trophy”. All prizewinners receive a certificate, too. Prizes are awarded at a ceremony held at the formnext on 21 November 2019 in Frankfurt. Furthermore to receiving both cash and other attractive prizes, they will be entered into the running for an audience prize set to be determined by Formnext 2019‘s visitors over the course of the event. Voucher worth EUR 250 is awarded for audience prize. This can be redeemed directly with cirp GmbH in the form of 3D printing services.
Altair Launches All-In-One Industrial Design Solution
Altair Inspire Studio enables designers, architects and digital artists to create, evaluate and visualize design ideas faster than ever before
Troy, Mi – October 14, 2019
– Altair (Nasdaq: ALTR) a global technology company providing solutions in product development, high-performance computing and data analytics, announced it has launched its new 3D design and rendering solution Altair Inspire Studio.
Inspire Studio is a new solution for innovative designers, architects and digital artists to create, evaluate and visualize designs faster than ever before. With unrivaled flexibility and precision, its unique construction history feature along with multiple modeling techniques empowers users throughout the creative process. Building on the functions of Altair Evolve, Inspire Studio introduces a sleek, enhanced user experience. Each tool and workflow are now optimized for an efficient design experience from initial sketches to exploring styling with freeform, solid and PolyNURBS parametric modeling.
Also included in the launch is Inspire Render, a 3D rendering and animation software that enables users to quickly generate photorealistic renderings and animations of their products with physically-based lighting.
“We are very pleased with these two new solutions for the global industrial design community," said James Dagg, CTO at Altair. "Inspire Studio builds on our previous industrial design tool, Evolve, while going beyond Evolve’s capabilities. Inspire Studio will enhance designers’ creativity by letting them drive their designs. It offers an intuitive user interface and a powerful construction history, allowing them to quickly create and explore multiple iterations of their design. Relying on the same modern user experience with powerful interactive, full progressive and raytracing rendering engine, Inspire Render will help designers quickly run photorealistic renderings and walkthrough animations on GPUs and CPUs.”
Running on both MacOS and Windows as a standalone product or under Altair’s flexible units-based licensing model, Inspire Studio open up designers’ creativity from the constraints of traditional CAID tools, all while ensuring the export of robust digital models for product development.
Key features of Inspire Studio include:
- Construction History – Automatically backtrack to an earlier stage of your design, reusing or modifying objects from past stages in real-time.
- Sketching – Create and edit constraint-based 2D technical sketches by easily applying geometric relationships between components.
- Surfaces and Curves – Utilize Non-uniform Rational B-Splines (NURBS) curves and surfaces to accurately represent even the most complex shapes with flexibility and precision.
- PolyNURBS – Combine the ease and simplicity of polygonal modeling with the precision and flexibility of NURBS to quickly create free-form solid geometry that is smooth and continuous.
- Rendering and Animation – Create high-quality rendered images and animations with physically-based, global-illumination engine in biased photorealistic, unbiased and Presto interactive modes.
- Tool Belts – Access the most common tools for 3D modeling, sketching and PolyNURBS right from the graphics area in one click. Tool Belts may be customized to meet specific needs.
For more information about Inspire Studio and Inspire Render, please visit: http://altair.com/inspire-studio.